Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall is Here

Hello,

First things first...I hated everything about my hair on these pictures.  I took my extensions out, and thought I would be fine since it was no longer 100 degrees out.  However, because I don't have a perm as SOON as I stepped out of the house, the curls that I meticulously placed in my head were gone and my hair began to swell and swell throughout the day, until it ended up in one big puffy blob.  Can you say hot mess?  So in an effort to stay consistent with outfit posts, I'm cutting off my head in all the shots except one, which is the best of the worst.  Since the calendar says that Fall is here, I'm layering up and dressing according to the season.  Never mind that it's still in the mid and high 80's here in Texas.  As long as there is A/C in the buildings, it works for me.  The best way to make the most of your clothes, is through the process of layering.  However, if you are going to do so, make sure you don't layer with multiple bulky items.  You want to layer with pieces that are fairly lightweight and don't add too much bulk to your body. You don't want your fabulous shape to get lost in the clothing.  Today I'm wearing a lightweight tweed vest layered over a lightweight denim shirt.  One of my favorite things to wear with a denim shirt, is colored jeans, so I stuck with my Fall theme and paired it with a deep purple pair.  The clutch is the same handbag that I wore in this post making use of the chain strap.  The shoes are vintage-looking olive heels that I purchased from Bakers.  The more you wear them, the more vintage-y they look.  This post is getting way too long, so I will stop here.  My next post will have more pics and better hair. Lol.






Details:  Jeans: Ross, Shirt/Vest/Necklace: F21, Shoes: Bakers, Handbag: Love Culture, Watch: Kenneth Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment